Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Passive Activism


Irked as I am by the ignorant political din going a bit of the distance to eliminate any civilized sense of how democratic institutions should operate,

nevertheless,

I do respond to contribution requests from:  the congressional group, the presidential group, state candidates, out-of-state candidates, and special pleaders.

I'm afraid to tote the money.  My best guess -- this shocks me, so I pass it on -- my best guess is that the amount so far (!) exceeds the per capita GDP of over 20 African countries and maybe ten elsewhere on the globe.

No fooling. 

And I consider my donations to be 'defensive':  to stop those who want to stop what I don't want stopped.


.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your generous donations were put to good and proper use. Donation management can be a murky process...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia,

    I'm optimistic about these things -- about how they use it according to their voiced intent.

    T

    ReplyDelete