1) People walking and conversing on cell phones as if the person were actually 'there'
2) Living off the same adolescent 'oldie' music for 20 . . . or 30 . . . or 40 . . . years
3) Being monitored on the job in order to 'document' the 'quality' of my work
4) Power tools on quiet mornings
5) How -- almost anywhere, certainly in politics -- cheap words drive out the worthy ones
6) Film titles with any of the following words: 'chocolate', 'deadly', 'hell', 'kill', or 'wedding'
7) The violence inborn in humans that is exercised for just about any excuse
8) Customer service being redefined as irrelevant, pre-recorded phone options -- or -- pages of FAQ
9) Full-body tattoos executed by a needle-man who thinks cartoons are 'high art'
10) Having to pretend I'm having fun
* Great country, very good cast, bad idea
** One good player, vastly overrated director, worse idea