Sunday, July 5, 2009

Epistle C

Forgive my not 'instantly' putting this down. There was a change in school quarters, a new responsibility heaped on me (for which I had to smile and enthusiastically call out, "Yes, J.B.! Of course, J.B.! Great idea, J.B.!") Despite the kinder, gentler etiquette of our declared utopia, the U.S. of A. Today, Inc., the demands to kiss ass and do it like you really mean it challenge even the yesman skills of those drilled in the business world of Sydney Greenstreet's character in The Hucksters. You remember the scene where Gable winces as Greenstreet demonstrates a point visually by hocking a louie on the boardroom table and wiping it up with his kerchief? I carry a kerchief round my neck -- and make sure a hint of chest hair shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment